Friday, January 25, 2008

happenings

There is a lot of spitting and smoking going on in Spain. EVERYONE smokes. And as for the spitting, I almost got hacked on today walking down the street. THAT would not have been good.

I had some interesting bus rides today. On my way to class I got on the bus and was sitting all the way in the back. The bus was pretty much empty and this WEIRD man gets on and RUNS to the back and basically sits right behind me. So, I can feel him breathing down my neck and by this point I´m scared. He taps me and says, ¨This is bus 21, right?¨ ¨Um, yes, ¨I responded. I seriously thought something weird was going on back there like he was playing with it or something. If that was the case I would have jumped out of a moving bus. Thank the Lord that wasn´t the case. So, after a few stops he pushes the button and stands up to get off the bus. His pants are sooo tight I can clearly see his crack line. He then gets off the bus turns around..winks and licks his lips at me?? Ok? gross.

Then, on the way home my busdriver decided he did not need to stop at red lights. Who died and crowned him King of red light skipping? Not cool. My knuckles hurt as I was holding on for dear life.

Yesterday we went to visit Antonios uncle and he gave us lots of important things like dishes, tea sets, a fan, vacuum cleaner, paintings, a cheese holder and most importantly lots of wine. We then went to see his grandmother in the nursing home who will be 101 years old in April. I don´t think anyone should live that long. She´s basically a vegetable and they amputated her leg for poor circulation about two years ago. She´s been in bed for two years. She has no teeth and her chin bone touches her top lip. Can you see that? Not pretty. She also had a stroke over X mas and the whole left side of her body is paralyzed. She´s also blind and deaf.
I´ve decided I am never getting old.

Isn´t it weird how you say something like, ¨Gee, I haven´t woken up to those idiot neighbors putting their laundry on the line in like two weeks. ¨ And then the very next day you wake up to the neighbors putting their clothes on the line. What´s up with that?

Those are all of the main important happenings in my life so you are now up to date.
-There will be no Brokeback Mt. 2. How bout them apples?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home