Wednesday, November 09, 2011

ramblings!

What a beautiful day today! Fall is finally here...it´s 70º and perfect! We took a nice long walk downtown and went to a beautiful garden w Nora. She saw a lot of huge carp in the pond and they had several peacocks which she got a HUGE kick out of. She was giving them her crackers screaming, ¨PEACOCK! CRACKERS!¨ Hilarious.

I am also SO happy because I am the proud owner of my OWN bike! I´ve been using the public bike system and it´s such a pain in the arse! Sometimes I am late for work and there are no bikes at the station or the chain is broken or the brakes don´t work or the seat is gone........and I swear I feel like I ran a marathon after riding when there actually is a bike...they are the bikes that you feel like you just peddled so that your legs are going to fall off and you moved..an inch. Terrible! So, A bought me a bike for 30 euros at the market last week and it was not looking good...but he FIXED it and it looks awesome...I call it my smurf bike because it´s blue and white. I rode it to work tonight and I felt like I barely peddled and I was ZOOMING down the bike trails with a fireball behind my tires and people were eating my dust. Or maybe that was them that turned to dust as I rode by? So excited!

Also, N usually goes to bed no prob alone. Crib, dolly, talks to herself for awhile and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Tonight she was hysterical crying and nearly LEAPED out of her crib into my arms and every time I was in the rocker in the fam room and tried to take her back to her crib she was clinging on to my shirt for dear life and would start to cry again. (weird!) I had a nice lovely dinner waiting for me that my husband had just prepared and I was HUNGRY but for some reason N needed some more cuddles tonight. So, I pulled her close (along with Dolly, Dora, Blankie and monkey...I think I had a daughter under there somewhere) and rocked that baby girl right to sleep. I almost got teary eyed thinking that she´s turning 2 soon and I need to enjoy EVERY SINGLE ONE of these minutes because there will be a time when she will no longer fit on my lap, no longer cling to her mama, and no longer want to be held close by me. So, in the meantime I will cherish these moments with everything I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home