Monday, October 24, 2011

case of the Mundays.

I have been drowning in a pool of sickness for YEARS it seems. Ok, it´s only been two weekends but still...two weekends in a row. What the heck?

Last weekend I had ¨gastrointiritis¨ which is like diarrhea, puking, stomach pain bonanza all wrapped up in one perfect horrible gift.

Then, this weekend I had a fever and terrible sore throat. I still feel like I´m swallowing daggers but the fever is gone. Why is it that when your throat is sore it feels like you have to swallow every second?

Antonio had a soccer game on Sunday and I sent Nora to my mother in laws house because I didn´t want N to get sick. She came over at some point during my feverish haze and made me freshly squeezed orange juice.

This was just so nice. Antonio and I talk a lot about the differences in our culture and how we were raised. My parents got me an alarm clock in second grade, I had to make my own lunch, no one was waiting for me when I got home from school and they were asleep when I went to school in the morning. When I got sick it was crazy because my mom was a teacher so she had to find a sub and IF she found one she would take advantage of the day and mow the lawn after putting me to bed:)

I don´t think it´s a bad thing because parents do what they have to do but I want to BE with my kids as much as I can before they start hating me......ha!

I should start practicing squeezing some oranges.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post made me very sad.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home