Monday, November 19, 2007

cutting glass

I had a delicious weekend. Antonio and I were holed into our place like little moles. It was fantastic. We finally have a functioning kitchen!!!!!!!!! Kitchens are yummy. Without them life is so empty and bare. THREE mths. without a kitchen is a long time. We still have no hot water, but hopefully that will be fixed tomorrow. So, Saturday we went to the grocery and spent LOTS of money on food and stuff. It was much needed. We made actual meals in our own kitchen. How romantic. We spent HOURS cleaning dishes, pots, pans etc. But finally we have a kitchen!

I decided to take a cold shower on Saturday which probably isn´t a good idea in the dead of winter when it´s 40 degrees or colder outside. I couldnt catch my breath! I was in denial that we still don´t have hot water so I thought I would try to pretend that there was. Hmm. That didn´t work out so well. I prob could have cut glass with my..............never mind!

Today I started with the kiddies. Do I dare say..I actually liked it! I teach two classes..the first class they are six years old and the next they are eight. All it took was ¨I´m going to put your name on the board and you have 3 stars next to your name. If you still have 3 stars by the end you get a sticker.¨ The word sticker just sends them over the moon. You should have seen their faces when I had to erase some of the stars. It was like their dog died. But you know they are gonna be good the next class. I had to whip them into shape.

The 8 year olds have more of an attitude. That´s gonna end right here and now Mr.

It´s gonna rain and I have to get my clothes off the line! TOODLES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home