Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fire in the Hole


So, today I was alone all morning cuz the rents took the kiddies to the doc. So, I had to clean the entire house from top to bottom among other things. I´m so glad I have a college eduacation..otherwise I wouldn´t know how to mop properly. (Speaking of, the other day someone asked me if there are mops in the USA) ok, so I was reading in the living room ..hey, come on, I needed a breather, and I saw all of these fire trucks going by...........fast forward.


I walk into our building and I see all of these dirty footprints. Ya, that fire, our next door neighbor. Apparently she left the food cooking on the stove and went to breakfast. She forgot. Way to go slick. Why don´t you just kill us all. Our building is set up so that there are four floors and two apts. on each floor. Also, we have gas here. (haha) As to say...we basically have giant gas tanks in our kitchens (like that of a BBQ) and every time I want hot water to wash my face, take a shower, clean my ....ya, I have to go into the kitchen, find the matches and light a box on the wall...pilot light if you will. This is especially fun at 1230 in the morning after coming home from a tea party AKA bar and have to wash the face..........


So, my mother in law was in the St. and she called my bro in law and A´s cousin that lives here to GET THE HECK OUT..basically because the house could have blown up at any given time. Of course the first person we thought about salvaging (this word looks like...ya) was the Chiqui. Ok, she´s not a person but she´s the best dang dog in the world! As they were going down the fireman were racing up the stairs and she was licking all of their faces.


Thank God the Chiqui is OK...oh, and everyone else too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home