Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Hemmingway

Antonio got me a new book for Christmas. I have been eyeing it lately. Obviously I like to read or otherwise I wouldn´t have chosen Enlgish Lit as my major. That´s all we did was read and write read and write read and write. I´ve read three books since Christmas (I highly reccomend The Glass Castle). At any rate, I was thinking that this book is just too big and I couldn´t bring myself to even start it. It´s bordering 200 pgs. (haha 2,000 that is!) This could quite possibly be the largest book I´ve ever read. It´s by Ken Follett and it´s the sequel to Pillars of the Earth (Which I also loved). But, since my husband is in Madrid I decided to tackle it last night. I´m proudly on pg. 12. (Hey, it was late, I got tired). The book is called ¨Un Mundo Sin Fin¨ That´s right folks 2.000 pgs in Español. Good times. La Sombra del Viento is another excellent book. I got it for my mom for X mas in English. Go out and buy it right now!

I then got to thinking how dang smart my friends are. My best friends are lawyers and optometrists. I have a few friends at Harvard getting their masters and another at ND getting his PHD. A few other friends getting their Phds in cool stuff and a few other docs thrown in there. They use words that I can´t understand and half the time I don´t know what they are talking about. I´m not gonna feel bad about it though cuz I bet they can´t say,

¨Wow, those are some big balls¨ in Spanish.

I´m so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home